Below are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding the general policies of Rue & Ziffra.  If you have a specific question that is not answered on this website, or would like more information about us or guidance for your case, please click on the “Chat Now” button to the right of the page to speak with a representative from our firm.

General Questions About Rue & Ziffra:

Where is your office?
Our main office is located at 632 Dunlawton Ave., Port Orange, FL 32127. We also have offices located in DeLand and Palm Coast, respectively, 101 N. Woodland Blvd., Ste. 213, DeLand, FL 32720, and 389 Palm Coast Pkwy, SW, Ste. 4, Palm Coast, FL 32137.

What are your business hours?
Our offices are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and closed for federal holidays. However, if you need assistance outside of these hours, you may call our toll free number and speak to a representative. You can also leave your information and a short message on our Live Chat and we will promptly return an answer to you when normal business hours resume.

How much does it cost to speak with an attorney for the first time?
At Rue & Ziffra, your initial consultation is free. You are always welcome to contact one of our offices and ask to speak with an attorney about your case.

What if I am unable to come to your office for an initial consultation?
Our attorneys are available and willing to meet with you and your family for your initial consultation at a location that is convenient for you. This includes your home, in a hospital, nursing home, or other facility.

If my spouse/child is injured, can I call on their behalf?
If your spouse or child is injured from someone else’s negligence and is unable to call our office, you may call on their behalf to speak with an attorney. If we are willing and able to pursue your claim, an attorney will want to set up an initial consultation with the injured individual.

Do I have to pay attorney costs even if my case is not recovered?
You will not have to pay Rue & Ziffra any fees or costs unless we make a recovery on behalf of you and your case with us.

Who will be handling my case?
Typically, there will be three people total working to resolve your case. This includes your assigned attorney, case manager, and legal secretary. For specific portions of your case, you may be directed to a certain person, but you can most certainly ask to speak with any one of these people if you have any questions or concerns.

Can I speak with my attorney?
Absolutely! You may always request to speak directly with your attorney, throughout any portion of your case. In order to have your attorney’s full, undivided attention, however, we recommend that you call the office so specific conference arrangements can be made.

I contacted 1-800-JUSTICE to file an SSI claim. Is that also your firm?
Yes, it is. 1-800-JUSTICE is our toll free number that connects you directly with our main office in Port Orange, Florida. When you first call in, you will speak with one of our receptionists who will then transfer your call to your attorney or case manager.

Where do I find general information about my type of accident or injury?
Scroll over the Practice Area tab located on the navigation bar at the top of the page. From there, you may choose the type of accident or injury you would like to know more about.

What is my case worth?
There is no hard and fast way to say what a particular case is worth. An insurance company or judge and jury (if the case is taken to trial) must recognize three things for you to be awarded damages:
– Injury: How seriously were you injured? How much pain and suffering have you endured? How much has it cost you in medical care? How has it impaired your ability to work and earn money?
– Liability: Is another party responsible for your injury? To what extent could that party have reasonably foreseen that their action or inaction would cause this injury?
– Damages: What is the dollar amount deemed sufficient to compensate the injury and detriment you have sustained?

I have been in a crash and I am hurt…what do I do now?
If you need help, you can always contact an attorney for legal advice. Rue & Ziffra offers you a free consultation, where you can meet with an attorney and share the details of your case and injuries. To contact us, visit our contact page for phone numbers, addresses and a contact email. You can also click on the Chat Now button on the right hand side of the page or fill out the Free Case Review form.

What should I look out for after being involved in an accident?
If you have been involved in an automobile crash, motorcycle accident, medical malpractice claim or any other type of personal injury, it is imperative that you first make sure a police report has been documented, that your injuries and property damage have been photographed, and that you seek out the necessary medical attention needed for your injuries.  It may also be beneficial to call in for a legal representation to make sure you receive the total amount of financial benefits owed to you. Call Rue & Ziffra now for your free consultation and tell us your side of the story.

How do I apply for Social Security Disability Benefits?
To begin the application process for Social Security Disability, you must first schedule an interview with the Social Security Administration. This can be done by calling 1-800-722-1213 and setting up a telephone or in-person interview.

Do I need to hire an attorney?
According to a study done by the Insurance Research Council, an individual who is injured and brings a claim will often get a settlement amount 3 1/2 times higher if they are represented by an attorney than if they try to settle a claim by themselves.