orange city personal injury attorney

Dealing with Insurance

In the State of Florida, if you were injured in motor vehicle accident, whether it is the fault of another party or your own, your PIP coverage through your insurance company, must pay 80% of your medical expenses and up to 60% of your lost wages and replacement services (such as childcare, home or yard cleaning, etc.). PIP insurance also pays up to $5,000.00 in death benefits. However, there are occasions when the insurance company denies claims, pays less than what is due, delays payment, or makes unreasonable demands before making payment. If any of this occurs, contact an Orange City Personal Injury Attorney like Rue & Ziffra.

With Personal Injury cases you have to move quickly. There are time limits in place and you only get one chance to file a claim. That is why it is important to work with an experienced personal injury attorney. You want an attorney who will think about the future and not just the present moment. If your lawyer does not anticipate future medical or home care expenses, you will have no legal recourse to recover compensation for those expenses.

Personal Injury Protection is only required to pay 80% of reasonable medical expenses and 60% of lost wages and replacement services. “Extended PIP” is an optional coverage offered by some insurance companies. For an additional premium, the insurance company may increase the amount payable under your PIP coverage over the mandated coverage limits. Usually, the increase for medical coverage would be from 80% to 100% and the lost wage benefit from the mandated 60% to 80%. If you need help figuring out your PIP insurance, give us a call.

Our law firm has over 40 years of experience in reviewing Personal Injury Protection insurance claims and advising claimants of their rights under their PIP policies. We also have extensive experience in litigating disputes involving PIP insurance, including actions for breach of contract and declaratory relief. If you have any questions regarding your coverage, please do not hesitate to call your local Orange City Personal Injury Attorney at Rue & Ziffra.