Plane Crash Attorneys
However, victims of plane crashes or their survivors can often find reassurance by contacting an aviation accident attorney knowledgeable in aviation law. Having an accident lawyer there to manage the tedious, confusing legal and medical processes can keep the victims and their families focused on what’s most important: healing.
If you have been involved in a minor or a major aviation accident, contact Rue & Ziffra at 800-526-4711 for your free consultation and to find out what benefits you may be entitled to.
What Damages are Recoverable in a Plane Crash?
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages and, lost earning capacity
- Past and future pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of consortium/association (usually available to married couples only); and
- Punitive damages.
- Each jurisdiction will differ as to what damages may be recovered, and what proof is required for each category. Many states also impose “caps” on certain categories of damages, thereby limiting a potential recovery. An experienced aviation attorney can help you choose the best jurisdiction and present your damages properly, to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
7 Most Common Injuries in a Plane Crash
An attorney may be able to help you recover compensation to help ensure the best in treatment and care.
35 Causes of Plane Crashes
Plane Crash Statistics
Approximately 80 percent of all plane crashes occur shortly before, after, or during takeoff or landing. While mid-flight disasters happen, they are rare.
An accident survey of 1,843 aircraft accidents (excluding military, private and charter aircraft) from 1950 through 2006 determined the causes were:
53%: Pilot error
21%: Mechanical failure
8%: Other human error (air traffic controller error, improper loading of aircraft, improper maintenance, fuel contamination, language miscommunication etc.)
6%: Sabotage (bombs, hijackings, shoot-downs)
1%: Other causes
National Transportation Safety Board
Plane Crashes (depending on their impact) are often investigated by several government agencies, such as the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
Orlando, Volusia County and Flagler Plane Crash and Aviation Accident Attorneys for over 40 Years
For over 40 Years, The Law Offices of Rue & Ziffra and Attorneys have provided legal advice and results for those who have been affected by a Plane Crash or Aviation Accident in Bunnell, Daytona Beach, DeBary, DeLand, Deltona, Edgewater, Flagler Beach, New Smyrna, Orlando, Ormond Beach, Palm Coast, Port Orange and Sanford.